Since 2005, Marketdata, via the online weight loss survey provided at its website BestDietForMe.com, has tracked 110 online dieter metrics. This gives us an insight to what dieters prefer, online and off-line. Our latest report, for Q1 2013 has recently been released. It is 78 pages long and costs $595 (price just recently reduced). An annual subscription, 4 quarterly reports, is just $2,195.
Here are some major findings:
- Starting weights were significantly higher than last year. Especially for those weighing 250 lbs. or more.
- Demand for medically supervised programs (based in a hospital, clinic, or doctor’s office) was up in the 1st quarter, a reflection of the heavier sample with more serious health issues.
Interest in diet food home delivery services was down.
- Dieters were more willing to spend more on a diet program this year.
- Dieters more prone to use a one-on-one or group counseling approach this year.
- Interest in meal replacements was up, validating research Marketdata performed when updating its large study: “The U.S. Weight Loss & Diet Control Market”, March 2013..
Here's a link to Marktdata's website, for more information about this report and other weight loss market studies: http://www.marketdataenterprises.com/DietMarket.htm