Oct. 25, 2017 –
Dawn Zier, President and CEO, stated, “The strong and increasing demand for our expanded array of weight loss solutions has resulted in our 17th consecutive quarter of year-over-year top-line growth. New and reactivation customer revenues continue to expand at double-digit rates as we leverage our targeting capabilities. Additionally, we are pleased with consumer interest in the South Beach Diet and the brand’s ability to onboard new consumers to our platform.”
Ms. Zier added, “As we head into 2018, we’re well positioned to continue our successful track record of providing new and existing customers with the programs, products and support they want and need to reach their health-oriented goals. Our multi-brand approach enables us to garner a greater share of the large and growing weight loss space, and we are excited about our Diet Season plans for both Nutrisystem and the South Beach Diet. We look forward to continuing to drive long-term growth and shareholder value.”
Third Quarter 2017 Compared to Third Quarter 2016
- Revenue increased 27% to $158.1 million, compared to $124.6 million.
- Gross margin increased 50 basis points to 54.2%, compared to 53.7%.
- Net income increased 89% to $15.0 million, compared to $7.9 million.
- 4th quarter revenue is expected to be in the range of $126 to $131 million, net income between $11.4 and $12.7 million, diluted income per common share between $0.37 and $0.42.
- Full year 2017 revenue is now expected to be in the range of $692 to $697 million compared to the previous range of $684 to $694 million, net income between $58.3 and $59.7 million compared to the previous range of $56.1 to $59.0 million.
In the first three quarters of this year, revenues increased by 29.6% and operating profits by 63%. Revenues for the first nine months of 2017 are $565.7 million, up 29.6% over the same period of 2016. YTD marketing expenses have increased by 31% and revenues by 29.6%.
Complete press release and financial tables can be found here: